Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Things I have learned this week

* long-distance walks are fun and I should do more of them;

* never leave for a day's hiking without your sandwiches;

* never go up Ben Nevis without a hat and gloves;

* that there are 850 golf courses in Scotland;

* it's well worth taking a week out of a busy year to be with people you don't often see;

* that there is no shame in wearing jazzed up running shoes for hiking - my columbias served me well this week and kept me blister free;

* that there is also no shame in walking poles for getting you up and down hills;

* never attempt to read the guide book while walking;

* that England will most likely never win the world cup in my lifetime;

* that 8 yr old kids can make it up Ben Nevis;

* that age is no barrier to doing something

No comments:

Post a Comment